At ASAP Distribution (Acton Stationers & Printers Ltd), we take environmental issues seriously, sourcing products from reputable and responsible suppliers issued with;
ISO 14001 – Effective Environmental Management
ISO 9001 – Quality Management System
FSC - Forest Stewardship Council
ASAP are committed to integrating environmental management into our range of business activities. We recognise and accept our responsibility to identify and, where possible, reduce the impacts our activities, products and services have on the environment.
We aim to maintain sustainable business practices within a culture that respects all life and honours its independence and to ease our customers' path to a modern, low-impact office. Currently, we are working to form partnerships with local non-profit organisations. The aim here is to use our daily delivery runs to collect clothes, books and any other recyclable goods from studios and surrounding areas. This way, we are helping these companies and ourselves to reduce our carbon footprint.
- We aim to improve our environmental performance continuously, particularly with regards to our recycling procedures.
- Where possible, we will use recycled or ecologically friendly packaging.
- Manage waste generated from our business operations according to the principles of reduction, re-use and recycling
- Recycle all paper products, ink or toner cartridges.
- Comply as a minimum with all relevant environmental legislation as well as other environmental requirements.
- Use electric vehicles where possible and systematically review the availability of new technology when renewing the van fleet.
- Use our resources to find recycled alternatives for products.
Here at ASAP, we supply planet friendly and price friendly recycled products made from 100% recyclable materials, using recycled packaging. The premise is that these products are both Ecological and Economical.
We supply FSC® approved paper and 100% recycled paper in white and coloured options.
Why use Recycled Paper?
When it comes to paper communications, recycled paper is the greenest option. It uses less energy, water and It produces lower carbon emissions than the manufacturing of non-recycled paper. At the same time, this reduces the amount of waste to landfill as paper can be recycled 4 to 5 times. With advances in technology and processes, recycled paper is now as white and has the same print performance as non-recycled paper.
Remanufactured Ink Cartridges / Toners;
In short - Remanufactured toner cartridges are brand cartridges that have been professionally cleaned, refilled with comparable-quality toner, and tested to deliver the same print quality as the original cartridge.
Why use Remanufactured Ink Cartridges / Toners?
Beyond price and quality, an essential advantage of remanufactured toner cartridges is sustainability.
Here are some alarming statistics on ink and toner cartridges:
- More than 375 million empty printer cartridges end up in landfills every year (that's more than one million a day)
- An average printer cartridge takes about 1000 years to decompose
- Toner and ink cartridges are classified as a potentially carcinogenic; and the toxins and heavy metals of these products contaminate water and soil with volatile organic compounds